K12 Security School Curriculum SUGGESTIONS for 5th, 8th, and 11th Grades.
CRISIS CURRICULUM PAGE 2
Preparedness During Emergencies
Ham Radios - Guard Your Airwaves
Watch + Listen to Flash Tributes
How to Combat Hate and Tragedy
At a Boston antislavery convention in 1850 only a few people paid attention to the definition of democracy given by the Rev. Theodore Parker: ''a government of all the people, by all the people, for all the people.'' On the Fourth of July, for the first time in the world, a union body of representatives was assembled and declared as self-evident that all men were created equal.''
Get information on supporting our troops with letters and care packages through
Military Moms http://www.militarymoms.net
Want to Learn the US Constitution? 5-Min Video Gives You Important Basics - Mike Badnarik has taught classes on the Constitution throughout the US. In this 5-minute video, he uses plain-language & common-sense illustrations so that anyone can understand the basics. Give it a try!
Know The Constitution of the United States
Know The Code - all the laws that effect everything else
WHY THE AMERICAN FLAG IS FOLDED 13 TIMES
At military funerals the honor guard correctly folds the American flag 13 times when it is folded and handed to the widow at the burial of a veteran. The 21 gun salute was determined (adding the individual digits of 1776)
The Thirteen Reasons:
- The first fold of our flag is a symbol of life.
- The second fold is a symbol of our belief in eternal life.
- The third fold is made in honor and remembrance of the veterans departing our ranks who gave a portion of their lives for the defense of our country to attain peace throughout the world.
- The fourth fold represents our weaker nature, for as American citizens trusting in God, it is to Him we turn in times of peace as well as in time of war for His divine guidance.
- The fifth fold is a tribute to our country, for in the words of Stephen Decatur, "Our Country, in dealing with other countries, may she always be right; but it is still our country, right or wrong."
- The sixth fold is for where our hearts lie. It is with our heart that we pledge allegiance to the flag of the United States Of America, and to the Republic for which it stands, one Nation under God, indivisible, with Liberty and Justice for all.
- The seventh fold is a tribute to our Armed Forces, for it is through the Armed Forces that we protect our country and our flag against all her enemies, whether they be found within or without the boundaries of our republic.
- The eighth fold is a tribute to the one who entered into the valley of the shadow of death, that we might see the light of day, and to honor mother, for whom it flies on Mother's Day.
- The ninth fold is a tribute to womanhood; for it has been through their faith, their love, loyalty and devotion that the character of the men and women who have made this country great has been molded.
- The tenth fold is a tribute to the father, for he, too, has given his sons and daughters for the defense of our country since they were first born.
- The eleventh fold, in the eyes of a Hebrew citizen represents the lower portion of the seal of King David and King Solomon, and glorifies in their eyes, the God of Abraham, Isaac, and Jacob.
- The twelfth fold, in the eyes of a Christian citizen, represents an emblem of eternity and glorifies, in their eyes, God the Father, the Son, and Holy Spirit.
- When the flag is completely folded, the stars are uppermost reminding us of our nation's motto, "In God We Trust".
After the flag is completely folded and tucked in, it takes on the appearance of a cocked hat, ever reminding us of the soldiers who served under General George Washington, and the sailors and marines who served under Captain John Paul Jones, who were followed by their comrades and shipmates in the Armed Forces of the United States, preserving for us the rights, privileges, and freedoms we enjoy today.
9/13/01 Jerusalem Post - Palestinian groups, including the Arafat-backed Tanzim and the Palestinian
then used intimidation and violence to prevent journalists from distributing the photos and videos of
celebrations. One cameraman, on assignment for Associated Press Television News, was kidnapped and
threatened with death if his footage was aired. Ahmed Abdel Rahman, Arafat's Cabinet secretary, said
Palestinian Authority "cannot guarantee the life" of the cameraman if the footage was
"Palestinian gunmen at refugee camps in Lebanon fired into the air in celebration yesterday as the rest of the world united in revulsion at the 'monstrous'and 'abhorrent' attacks in the US. In East Jerusalem, people distributed sweets wrapped in the colours of the Palestinian tricolour and sounded car horns.
"Whooping It Up In
Beirut", even Christians celebrated the atrocity.
BY ELISABETTA BURBA
Saturday, September 22, 2001 12:01 a.m. EDT
BEIRUT--Where were you on Sept. 11, when terrorists changed the world? I was at the National Museum here, enjoying the wonders of the ancient Phoenicians with my husband. This tour of past splendor only magnified the shock I received later when I heard the news and saw the reactions all around me. Walking downtown, I realized that the offspring of this great civilization were celebrating a terrorist outrage. And I am not talking about destitute people. Those who were cheering belonged to the elite of the Paris of Middle East: professionals wearing double-breasted suits, charming blond ladies, pretty teenagers in tailored jeans.
Trying to find our bearings, my husband and I went into an American-style cafe in the Hamra district, near Rue Verdun, rated as one of the most expensive shopping streets in the world. Here the cognitive dissonance was immediate, and direct. The café's sophisticated clientele was celebrating, laughing, cheering and making jokes, as waiters served hamburgers and Diet Pepsi. Nobody looked shocked, or moved. They were excited, very excited.
An hour later, at a little market near the U.S. Embassy, on the outskirts of Beirut, a thrilled shop assistant showed us, using his hands, how the plane had crashed into the twin towers. He, too, was laughing. <snip>
- Censorware companies SAUDI ARABIA & CHINA CENSORS
- Companies Compete to Provide Saudi Internet Veil By JENNIFER LEE
- DIGITAL DIVIDE IN ARAB WORLD 'STAGGERING' by United Nations
- Economist Magazine States "Self-doomed to
An unsparing new report by Arab scholars explains why their region lags behind so much of the world.
- IQ and the Wealth of nations by Richard Lynn and Tatu Vanhanen
- Education - A book published in 1995 by the Saudi Cultural
Mission to the U.S. on education in the Kingdom, titled 'Education in Saudi Arabia,'
- Education - THE MIDDLE EAST MEDIA RESEARCH INSTITUTE
Report - No. 12
Background Information: Expert Jessica Stern
is a lecturer at Harvard University's Kennedy School of Government and an adjunct fellow at the Council on Foreign Relations. She is the author of The Ultimate Terrorists (1999) and a board member of the Bulletin of the Atomic Scientists. & Required Reading for Background Information:
"Meeting with the Muj", published 2001 about mujahideen terrorists.
AFGAN'S WOMEN'S CAUSE
Afghanistan and Pakistan's Taliban government bars girls from school and women from the workplace. Women's rights activists were spat on, beaten and labeled "loose women"
Women of Afghanistan
The Revolutionary Assn. created a Web site. Take Action - Brochure
- Acting in Solidarity with Afghani People (ASAP) listserve
RAWA, it is an amazing organization, doing inspiring work like running illegal schools for girls, documenting Taliban atrocities, and maintaining communication and contact with the outside world.
The Other Women of
Islam BY LISA BEYER
The Taliban perfected subjugation. But nowhere in the Muslim world are women treated as equals
ABOUT TERRORIST OSAMA BIN LADEN
Read his proclaimed jihad against Jews and Crusaders, or Islamic holy war, against the United States and its allies. Born in the mid-1950's, the youngest of some 20 sons (52 children total) of a Yemeni-born Saudi construction magnate, he's worth 300 million. Tracing the trail of evidence linking bin Laden to terrorist attacks. Families that send their young children to be Suicide Bombers are paid $25,000.00 They don't value life they value the afterlife. Find out the appreciation of life on earth now.
The Al Qaeda Manual PDF from the US. Dept. of Justice. The attached manual was located by the Manchester (England) Metropolitan Police during a search of an al Qaeda member's home.
Rewards for Justice - Do you have a tip?
Over 400 Newspapers front pages from around the world
showing how each different paper chose to cover the terrorist attacks on the World Trade Center and Pentagon on 11th September. Late Tuesday and Wednesday editions from Wall Street to Warsaw are included.
Google Cache - [was
According to the site, you'll find over 35 years of international terrorism data;
5 years of worldwide domestic terrorism data, over 20 years of US terrorism cases, hundreds of group and
leader profiles and a searchable image archive; and interactive GIS, side-by-side comparison, graphing,
statistical analysis tools. The analytical
tools can be used to "create charts and graphs and tables that analyze RAND data on
terrorist incidents or legal data on the prosecution of terrorists," or you can look at pre-defined
incident, group or legal reports. An Incident Analysis Wizard allows you to create pie graphs, line graphs or
bar graphs of numbers of terrorism-related incidents, injuries or deaths, or terrorist groups -- in two or
+ "Quick Reference Guide" to the Terrorism Knowledge Base (PDF) tkb.org/TKBQuickReferenceGuideApr2006.pdf
+ New Data Source: U.S. State Department Travel Warnings and Public Announcements
+ New Data Source: "State Department Terrorist Designation Lists" with direct links to TKB information on terrorist groups and entities officially designated by the U.S. government.
+ New Content: "Over the past two months, our research team has added nearly 600 terrorism incident reports, 40 terrorist group profiles, and more than 100 terrorist leader and member profiles."
+ Direct access from the TKB to the The International Security and Counterterrorism Reference Center (ISCTRC).
ISCTRC is an EBSCO database that is accessible (registration required, free) and permitted for personal, non-commercial use. The same is the case with Thomson's Terrorism Reference Library and Encyclopedia of Terrorism.