Get Free Music Downloads and learn how to
Embed Sound Into Your Site
Free Music Downloads for your website, or CD or mp3 player.
Get Royalty free legal Music Downloads.
Released under a Creative Commons attribution-noncommercial license , which means that you can copy and use it for any noncommercial purpose, as long as you include a credit for the musician.
FREE SOUND EFFECTS brought to you by the
These 16,000 BBC Sound Effects are made available by the BBC in WAV format to download for use under the terms of the RemArc Licence. The Sound Effects are BBC copyright, but they may be used for personal, educational or research purposes, as detailed in the license. For commercial use, you can license sound effects. Access dataset metadata by visiting our dedicated LOD site. If you have any queries regarding usage, please contact jake.berger at bbc.co.uk
The downside is that the BBC has made the effects available under a RemArc licence, which means you have to credit the BBC and you can't use the effect for commercial reasons.
60 Websites to Download Creative Commons Music for Free
15 SEconds Rule
IF YOU JUST NEED A LITTLE BIT
You can always use 15 seconds of any track for free ;)
I don't think you really need more then that on the website.
You just find a nice tune then cut the best 15 seconds and lupe it Done!
FRIENDS OF THE CYBERPLAYGROUND:
DOUG MARTIN jazz guitar player gives away music from his first CD titled GINIKER. Please download Flight of the Giniker and share with your friends. It is the official song for the Educational CyberPlayGround.
CARLA BENSON SIGMA SOUND SWEETIE and background vocalist for Standing in the Shadows of Motown 2x Grammy Winner sings HaTickvah which you can hear.
By The Way...
Developer Told Posted Code Infringes Patents.
Software may be speech, but it's also functional and subject to legal restraint. Roy van Rijn, a developer based in the Netherlands, last month posted about his plans to release open-source Java code to implement a music matching algorithm similar to that used in Shazam, which lets users identify songs from brief audio samples. EFF Fellow and patent attorney Michael Barclay agreed that posting code covered by a patent could put van Rijn at risk of a lawsuit, but noted that some critical details need to be determined. "Merely posting the code on a Netherlands Web site would not infringe any US Patents," he said.
Podsafe music is legal to use in a podcast.
PodShow contains thousands of tracks that can be used, though you should check the license on each track before you use it.
- RIAA Mass Litigation Strategy for Making Money
- Learn The difference between FLAC and MP3 files
- Learn the History of Winamp and the MP3 file
- OPEN SOURCE MP3 PLAYER you can build and
- Creative Commons - Free Music from the Sound Cloud
- Learn to make your own ringtones for free
- WII Loop Machine
- Tapegerm is a Loop Based Recording Artist Collective see the Kid Germ Project
- Happy Birthday and Take Me Out To the Ballgame
- FREE ITUNES FROM THEIR STORE
- Mike Hawley's private little collection of scanned piano music. and more
- Who sampled What?
Genre: Blues, classic, disco, jazz, latin, pop, reggae, rock, soundtrack, world License: Creative Commons License Features: No-attribution-license, if you pay Getting to speed with Incompetech is easy. The service shows its genres to the left. If you know your musical taste, results are at your fingertips. If you are looking for music to express a certain mood, Incompetech has you covered, too. Are you looking for something aggressive, mystical, uplifting? They call it feel, and they support a plethora of them. Incompetech searches by mood are not restrictable to a genre.
dig.ccmixter.org you already have permission.
It is the search-engine part of ccMixter. Look for “Podsafe Music” or “Free Music for Commercial Projects”. The top of the list will be populated with the most recent entries for immediate preview or download. Or you choose to see additional information first. The best part is, that you are not only able to use the title as is. Instead you could change tracks, remix the piece or exchange areas with other content. Searching can be done by use-case.
The website freemusicarchive.org comes with a separate area with music for videos. Here we could sift through the most recent highlights or filter the contents by mood. We could search by genre, length or even tempo. Make sure to check the license as it will vary.
The Audiofarm concentrates on whole albums. Clicking on one of the many genres results in a list of albums. Click on one and the player will immediately start playing the first track. From there we could create our own playlists across several albums or simply download the title or use the embed-code.
Million Song Dataset just released by The Echo Nest music application company. The Million Song Dataset was developed mainly by Brian Whitman and Paul Lamere of The Echo Nest and Daniel P.W. Ellis and Thierry Bertin-Mahieux of LabROSA, with hosting by Infochimps and funding from the National Science Foundation.The dataset is "freely-available collection of audio features and metadata for a million contemporary popular music tracks," being analyzed by Columbia University's Lab ROSA, aka the Laboratory for the Recognition and Organization of Speech and Audio. And the Holy Grail is to use this treasure trove to develop a new generation of Music Information Retrieval services—venues that pay attention to what you are listening, analyze the components, and offer up new songs and compositions that you'll like. And that "freely available" bit means that you can download the dataset here.
Get the free widgets
Internet Archive Example 8/26/71 Gaelic Park - Bronx, NY
Bertha, Playin' In The Band, Mr. Charlie, Sugaree, El Paso, Big Boss Man, Big Railroad Blues, Hard To Handle, Beat It On Down The Line, Loser, Sugar Magnolia, Empty Pages, Good Lovin', Casey Jones
Me & My Uncle, China Cat Sunflower-> I Know You Rider, Deal, Cumberland Blues, Truckin'-> Drums-> The Other One, Next Time You See Me, Me And Bobby McGee, Uncle John's Band, Saint Stephen-> Not Fade Away-> Goin' Down The Road Feelin' Bad-> Not Fade Away E: Johnny B. Goode
-AND- Netlabels section contains thousands of songs in a huge range of genres from artists all over the world. Folk music Chinkapin Hunters, Conet Project, 78 RPMs section contains hundreds of songs and musical pieces that were released in the early 1900s on 78-rpm records that have been sampled. Because they are so old, they are out of copyright and you can use them however you want. It's a great source for classic songs.
Public Domain Music
Music and lyrics published in 1922 or earlier are in the Public Domain in the United States. No one can claim ownership of a song in the public domain, therefore public domain songs may be used by anyone. Music recordings, however, are copyright protected separately from musical compositions. There are no sound recordings in the Public Domain in the USA. If you need a music recording - even a recording of a public domain song - you will either have to record it yourself or license a Royalty Free Music recording.
A reference site to help identify public domain songs and public domain music . . . royalty free music you can use anywhere and any way you choose . . . performance, sing-along, film, video, advertising, business, or personal.
Opsound offer high-quality, Creative Commons licensed versions of their music that can be used for noncommercial videos, as long as you give the artists credit and add a plug for the Web site where you can buy the songs.
First Sounds is an informal collaborative of audio historians, recording engineers, sound archivists, scientists, other individuals, and organizations who aim to make mankind's earliest sound recordings available to all people for all time. Learn more about what First Sounds has achieved:
- First Sounds' research featured on page 1 of the March 27 New York Times
- Listen to the World's Oldest sound
- First Sounds featured on March 27 edition of NPR's All Things Considered
- Read press release about international debut of Scott phonautograms
Royalty Free Legal Music to use in your video's
Creative Commons Legal Code
- YouTube Video Editor, lets users trim and join clips and add a soundtrack. #IP #copyleft #free music
- NINE INCH NAILS give away their songs
hopes that you will remix / use it and
Go to and follow the links to submit your remix. Unofficial Remixes
- Taylor Haward copyright free original compositions
- Music can be used to enhance your project.
http://www.freeplaymusic.com The music comes in a variety of formats and lengths, and best of all, you can use it free! - As long as its non-profit.
- Magnatune If the video project is noncommercial and/or educational, there is no charge for use of the music for one album of choice.
- Royalty Free
- Partners in Rhyme Royalty Free Sound
- Samples and Loops - Free samples, available for download as either MP3's or WAV's.
- Wikipedia Sounds - Classical Music
- Circuit Six
- CCMixter: Songs licensed for remixing
- The Free Sound Project
- Magnatune: Permits use of audio files in podcasts with attribution
- Penmachine Podcast: Free MP3 Instrumental Songs
- musopen.org Bach, Mozart, Beethoven, Chopin or Schubert. Clicking on „Music Recordings“ reveals a long list of composers, interpreters, instruments and eras to start with. You’ll refine the search in later steps.
- Free classical music
- Digital Scores: Loeb Music Library
In 1956, the Loeb Music Library at Harvard University was established as the formal music library of the Harvard University Music Department. While the Library has embarked on a number of ambitious public outreach programs, this particular one will be a delight for musicologists as well as for those who just enjoy perusing unique musical scores. The layout of the site is pretty straightforward: as users scroll down the homepage, they can look over manuscripts from C.P.E. Bach, Mozart, and the vocal scores of such operatic triumphs as Verdi's Simon Boccanegra and La forza del destino. Using their page delivery service, visitors can zoom in and out among the pages of each musical manuscript to their heart's desire.
- Classic Cat is a directory with links to over 2800 free to download classical performances on the internet, sorted by composer and work. NPR Classical
- Almost 5000 FREE sound files are available via the Find Sound Files facility. All sound files are transferred from 78rpm discs held by the King's Sound Archive at King's College London, under the CHARM transfer project and the subsequent JISC-funded 'Musicians of Britain and Ireland, 1900-1950'.
FREE SHEET MUSIC
- Yale - Exhibit Tour of "A Cure for What Ails You:
Songs from the "Medical Library’s Sheet Music Collection" The exhibit celebrates a new collection of medically themed sheet music recently donated to the Medical Historical Library by William Helfand, retired pharmaceutical company executive, historian of medicine, and collector. There are over a thousand items in the collection on medical providers, purveyors of remedies, ailments both real and imagined, cures for all purposes (especially for lovesickness), health songs for children, and music advertising patent medicines. Most of the music was written for public entertainment.
Music from Stage and Screen
Whether you love the songs of the 1910s or more recent fare, this fascinating sheet music collection from the Library of Congress is a real find. The database includes "hits and flops" from famous Tin Pan Alley songwriters like Irving Berlin, along with manuscript materials from amateur composers. All told, this database contains materials from over 18,000 shows and productions from the 1690s to the present. (Not every item
includes complete sheet music, as some of the materials are restricted by copyright laws.) Visitors can search the collection by song title, composer, lyricist, or date of issue. It's fun to start the journey by typing in the names of some favorite, celebrated composers, such as Jerome Kern, Oscar Hammerstein, and George Gershwin.
- Classical Sheet Music, downloads for all instruments and abilities
Music-Scores.com has professionally prepared classical sheet music and midi files to download. Non-members have free access to 275 files with a daily download ...
- Sibley Music Library: Musical Scores With over 10,000 digitized pieces of music in their online archive, the University of Rochester's Sibley Music Library is a force to be reckoned with for performers, musicologists, and others. The works in the archive come from the Eastman School of Music, and they are meant to be a performance resource, as well as a resource for those with a passion for music composition. Visitors can get started by looking over the "Musical Scores Recent Submissions" area near the top of the page. Here visitors can peruse romantic songs by G.W. Chadwick, a violin concerto by Carl von Reinecke, and a concert fantasy for piano and orchestra by Tchaikovsky. Also, visitors can use their search engine to look for favorite works and they can also subscribe to the RSS feed.
- BBC Radio
- Free Nature Sounds - Create your own nature "music,"
then listen or save it to your computer. And, it's FREE!
- Etree.org The music community was created in the summer of 1998 for the online trading of live CD-R's. We do not trade CD-R's via regular mail. Instead, we trade by downloading losslessly compressed audio files, extracting these files, and then burning them onto a CD-R.
- Live Music Archive http://www.archive.org/audio/
- Harmonica LinksSound & MIDI Software For Linux
Schools, particularly those with very small tech budgets, might be interested in learning about Linux possibilities
- Primate Sounds
- 4,300 Christian hymns & Gospel Songs
- Song Parodies
- Ultimate Sound
You do have to pay a membership fee, but they offer some alternatives to help reduce the cost. It's a nice collection of useful music and sounds.
- MP3.com - the source for digital music!
- Free MP3 music downloads - Download.com Music
- Links to
of Thousands of Legal Music Downloads
You can enjoy free music downloads without getting into trouble by downloading the legal mp3 files
- Free Music Mp3 Downloads and Soundsets, Band-Promotion.
- Google - find a list of Pink Floyd MP3s. Simply change the details according to your liking (for example replace “pink floyd” with Madonna or just the song name). Change the “wma/mp3? tag to other format such as “ogg” if you wish to download the music in other formats.
- Baidu Based on voice recognition technology, this new feature is an improvement over current music search. The enhancement will enable the search service to identify the melody after users sing for a minimum duration of 10 seconds. Accordingly the voice technology will display the search results for matching songs, the report said.