NATIONAL CHILDREN'S FOLKSONG REPOSITORY
The Historic Electronic Online Archive of
folksongs, and playground game songs.
A Public Folklore Project built by the peope of the United
Integrate Literacy, Music, and Technology into the classroom.
PlayGround Chant, Play-Party, Jump Rope,call and response songs, Folksong, Children's Ballads, educational cyberplayground
SONGS SUBMITTED THROUGH THE YEARS:
PLEASE, DO NOT LINK TO A SOUND FILE DIRECTLY.
To download a sound file right-click file name and choose "Save Target As"
Uno Dos Siesta by the Schneider Family in California who do a Terrific job!! Please send more :-)
Maresy Doots submitted by Cecille from Alberta, Canada. Thanks for your song! We appreciate
it, and remember this song too. This song isn't a playground song or a
folksong but a popular song titled Mairzy
Doats from 1943 based on an English nursery rhyme.
DOWN DOWN BABY
FANTASTIC JOB DONE FROM KYLE WHO HAS THE BEST HEART!! Thanks Thanks Thanks!
Engine Engine Number Nine (includes let's get the rhythm etc from NY.
All the Playground game songs came from the children at Camden Center for Youth Development CCTD, The Middle College Program thanks to vocalist Carla Benson
- My Mother Your Mother - Carla Benson
- Swing Swing Swing, Kentucky, Shame Shame Shame - Ruby, Amanda, Angie
- Miss Mary Mack, Hollywood, Swing Swing Swing, Gigalo -Ruby, Amanda, Angie
- Note History: Kentucky submitted 11/23/03 , Watch the Students In the Video with Standing In the Shadows of Motown lead vocalist, and teacher Ms. Carla Benson.
- Jack Knife - David Labowitz Philadelphia
- K-I-S-S-I-N-G (followed by) Amalama Cumalama Connecticut
- We're Gonna Go Go Go - Anna Stange
- Inky Dinky Parlez Vous - WWI "The War to End All Wars" song remembered - anon * Bawdy Song Policy
- Ms. Shirley Temple sings Polly Wolly Doodle.
- China Man - collected from 1976 Buffalo, NY - hand clapping
- Two Lips - collected from 1976 Buffalo, NY - hand clapping
- Happy Birthday Song - Philly, PA known in my family since the 40's.
- Hey Diddle Diddle
- Old King Cole
- Georgie Porgie
- Little Jack Horner
- Diddle Diddle Dumpling
- Jack Sprat
- Deedle Deedle Dumpling - Philly, PA
- The More We Get Together - Hilda, Betty, & Gloria in Philly, PA
- Fudge Fudge - Anon, Philly, PA
- Honey Bunch - Anon, Philly, PA
- My Boyfriend's name is Fatty - Annon, Philly, PA remembered from Baltimore 1950's
- Fuzzy Wuzzy - Ed, Philly, Pennsylvania
- If You're Happy & You Know It - Lea,Philadelphia, PA
- Tell Me What Do I See - Anon, N.J.
- Worms Crawl In the Worms Crawl out - Anon, ?
- Paddy Works On The Railway Dan Cassidy San Francisco CA
- Whoopie Ti Yi Yo, Git Along Little Doggies Dan Cassidy San Francisco CA
- Eenie Meenie - Adam Benson, Camden NJ
- One Two - Adam Benson Camden NJ
- My Little PlayMate - Kathy, Harrisburg, PA
- Mary Mack - Sylvia, Philly, PA
- Taffy Was a Welshman - Jacquie, Harrisburg, PA
- White Cliffs of Dover - Anon, Philly, PA
- Happy Birthday - Sarah, Philly, PA sung in Hebrew
- Happy Birthday - Beth, Philly, PA
- Hear and Read Going to Kentucky - Brimm Medical Arts High School Camden, NJ 11/13/03 -- Carla Benson, Sigma Sound Sweetie and ECP Ring Leader seen in grammy winning Standing In The Shadows of Motown
- Hear and Read Ding Dong - Ricardo Richards School St. Croix, USVI [ + Words ] collected by Karen Ellis
- Hear and Read Down In The River - Ricardo Richards School St. Croix, USVI [ + Words] collected by Karen Ellis
1970 Collected by Bernie DeKoven Philadelphia, PA
- I've been told
- All the boys
- Girl Scout
- I woke up saturday morning
- Jack Be Nimble
- Mary had a little lamb
- Here We Go Zoodio - all the kids from a record (33 1/3 rpm LP) entitled "The Florida Folk Festival: The First 25 Years."
- Sissy in the Barn - all the kids Carver Elementary School White Springs, Florida, from CD called "Music from the Florida Folklife Collection" some songs made available at no charge. Thanks to Gregory Hansen and Tina Bucuvalas.
1939 Collected by John and Ruby Lomax on a road trip
- Little Sally Walker - Wilford Jerome Fisher, Ruthie May Farr Home of H.R. Weaver, Merryville, Beauregard Parish, Louisiana
- Here Comes Uncle Jesse - Ottie Brails Ford Wiergate High School Merryville Louisiana
- Shove It Over - Zora Neale Hurston sings a lining out rhyme "Music from the Florida Folklife Collection"
- Mary Had A Little Lamb - Thomas A. Edison. The first part was put on the phonograph.
- Grandma's Advice by Mrs. Price who learned this from her mother who used to ride horseback around Iowa County to give music lessons back in the early 1900's.
Listen to Frank Lambert record the first human voice in history on a phongraph. Frank Lambert was a French - American inventor. Lambert was born in Lyon, France and then moved to the United States in 1876 and became a citizen in 1893. Lambert is currently in the Guinness World Book of Records for the oldest playable recording on a machine called the Phonograph. Lambert was also famous for inventing the modern typewriter.
Find MORE Examples to help you remember something and can contribute.