Performing Arts Curriculum Resources
Dance, Acting, Drama, Theater, Costumes, Circus,
Playground Amusement, Special Events, and Festivals.
|General Performing / Arts Resource|
|Laban Movement Analysis||Playground -- Amusements|
|Special Events -- Festivals|
General Performing Arts Resource
- Cartoon Art and the Performing Arts Curriculum Resources
- Performing Arts Curriculum Education Programs
- Folktales Performing Arts Resources
- Performing Arts Dance and Laban Movement
- Traditional Performing Arts
- Performing Arts Video Production Curriculum
- APAP - Association of Performing
Arts Presenters 888.820.2787 We envision a world where
- all people can experience the transformative power of live performance;
- art and ideas circulate vigorously and freely;
- artists play a leading role in civic affairs and global dialogue;
- people of all cultures interact and affirm themselves through the arts; and
- public and private sectors alike support the performing arts as a priority.
- The Art DEADLINES List
- Welcome to the Foundation Center - getting grant money
- ISPA - International Society for the Performing Arts
- Performing Arts Network - Gateway To The Performing Arts
- WWW Artists Consortium Home
- All Magic Guide
- The Puppetry Home Page
- Directory of Outdoor Drama in America
- Folk Music and I hear America Singing
Theatre Dictionary - Your video guide to theatre lingo
- Stagehand Primer Description of the activities of unionized theater stagehands. Includes a listing of the technical crew hierarchy, safety information, explanation of different types of theater spaces (such as proscenium and trust stages), and discussions of types of stagehand activities in stage carpentry, scene shop, electrics, sound, video properties, and wardrobe. From IATSE Local 470, the local section of the International Alliance of Theatrical Stage Employees (IATSE) labor union in Wisconsin.
- Kennedy Center of Preforming Arts New Visions/New Voices is a week-long residency in May for playwrights and theatres to stimulate and support the creation of new plays and musicals for young audiences and families, culminating in a weekend festival of staged readings and discussions with professionals in the field from around the country.
- TheatreUSA.com features a directory of more than 1200 links that focus on the creating, producing and promoting aspects of theatres within the USA. Each category has additional links and sub-categories, such as playwrights, organizations, education and resources within the Creating category. This is good because there are only three main categories: Create in Writing, Promote in Theatres, and Produce on Stage. The production category looks at resources needed make stage productions happen like lighting, sound and costumes. Individual states are listed under Promotion with links promoting theatres in each state. All links have the dates added to the portal and a rating form. Annotation is for the most part very good.
- IBDB (Internet Broadway Database) archive is the official database for Broadway theatre information. IBDB provides records of productions from the beginnings of New York theatre until today.
- The Tonys Online
- Samuel French, Inc.
Play Publishers and Author's Representatives Founded in 1830 Samuel French pioneered the concept of providing published scripts to theatrical producing groups throughout the world. Samuel French seeks out the world's best plays and makes them available to the widest range of producing groups.
Developed in part by the University of Exeter's School of Performance Art the aim of Theatrecrafts.com is "toeventually be the best resource for practical information and advice about technical theatre techniques for theatre folk at any level."
- Method Acting Procedures - Exercises you can use right off the net including: relaxation, the magic IF, sense memory, concentration..
- Acting Workshop On-Line - for beginning actors to learn the theatre business.
- Medieval Drama links on everything from set design to medieval props and makeup. There are over 200 links. A great site for drama teachers.
- Proteachers Drama Page
- Folger Shakespeare Library
- Shakespeare in Education
- The Banyai Theatre Company is
cutting edge company that addresses the specific needs of teachers, students, actors and industry
professionals who learn, teach, perform and create drama, theatre and film.
Costumes, Design and Technical
- Ministry Funds Online Database for Folk Costumes: A project to collect detailed information on the traditional regalia of Estonia's 108 historical parishes and make it available in an online database has been approved for funding by the Ministry of Culture.
- The Costume Society of America advances the global understanding of all aspects of dress and appearance. We work to stimulate scholarship and encourage study in the rich and diverse field of costume.
- The Costume Page - excellent historical reference.
- Stage Make Up - pictures
- The International Theatre Design Archive
- Glossary of Technical Theatre Terms - UK and North American terms for use in class.
- Online Costume Classes and The Costume Gallery
- Philadelphia School of Circus Arts
- Harry Ransom Center: Circus Collection http://hrc.contentdm.oclc.org/cdm/landingpage/collection/p15878coll6#nav_top
Step right up to this collection and see hundreds of paper items related to the history of American circuses! This remarkable offering from the Harry Ransom Center draws on the work of noted showmen such as P.T. Barnum, Hageneck-Wallace, Ringling Bros. and Barnum Bailey. For anyone with an interest in American cultural history, entertainment, and related subjects, the collection is a wonderful find. All told, there are over 830 items here and visitors can search around by keywords, date of publication, format, or title. Some of the highlights here include posters for "Chang & Eng, the World Renowned Siamese Twins" and elaborate advertisements for the marriage of General Tom Thumb. Some visitors may also wish to sign up to receive email updates about the addition of new materials to the site.
email: email@example.com or the web: www.campwinnarainbow.org
September - May: 1301 Henry Street, Berkeley CA 94709 (510) 525-4304, FAX (510) 528-8775
June - August: PO Box 1359, Laytonville CA 95454 (707) 984-6507, FAX (707) 984-8087
- Wavy Gravy Crown Prince of Woodstock
Hippie icon Wavy Gravy is 71-years-old, but as Jon Kalish reports, he is still going strong with a slew of educational and social projects delivered in his trademark off-beat style.
Centre for contemporary circus and physical performance
- Circus Arts and
A school, equipment store (eurotramp) and info on trapeze and more
- Circus Caprioli
Our circus and theater programs, on the streets, at home, or in your theater.
Extensive link-list and searchengine for circus-links
- Cirque du Soleil
Homepage of the famous Canadian circus. Go for audition or a job.
- Mainspace school of circus
Main Space offers a variety of classes. Each class is geared towards a specific range of ages and skill levels. All classes are taught by professional instructors and circus artists.
- San Francisco School of Circus
the mission of the San Francisco School of Circus Arts is to encourage and develop potential, character and spirit through circus arts
Link page to online circuses and some practical help.
Playground / Amusement
- Urban Playgrounds - About, History and Equipment
- Amusement Business Online
- A Guide to North American Fairs
- IAAPA OnLine - Home Page
- Themed Entertainment Association
- The World Playground equipment , Parks Recreation Products Services Web Directory
Special events / Festivals