Gretchen Bleiler WebQuest
2010 GO GRETCHEN! VANCOVER OLYMPICS
January 2010 Bleiler Takes Hometown Gold Gretchen Bleiler won her fourth Winter X Games gold. Bleiler's Vancover Olympic teammates Kelly Clark (Mt. Snow, VT) and Hannah Teter (Belmont, VT) joined her on the podium. “My second run everything went right. Everything felt like it had amplitude. I finally went with the gravity of the halfpipe instead of fighting against it,” Bleiler said. “I didn't doubt myself, I just went for it and definitely the support of Aspen helped me get there.”
Gretchen Bleiler Wins Silver !!!
MAKE A WEBQUEST ABOUT GRETCHEN AND LIST YOUR 5 QUESTIONS ABOUT HER ON YOUR OWN WEBPAGE then LET THE OTHER KIDS ANSWER YOUR QUESTIONS :-)
LEARN ABOUT WEQUESTS
HOW TO BUILD A WEBPAGE FOR YOUR WEBQUEST
SHARE YOUR WEQUEST
- EMAIL YOUR WEBQUEST ADDRESS & IT WILL GET POSTED HERE FOR EVERYONE
USE THIS INFO FOR YOUR WEBQUEST
- Gretchen Bleiler born in Ohio and lived there until 7 years old.
- Original dream was to be a swimmer and a diver.
- She moved to Aspen, Colo., when she was 10.
- Her dream changed to snowboarding in High School.
- Bleiler is one of the top female halfpipe competitors in the world.
- Gretchen won the Vans Triple Crown of Snowboarding overall title as well as the U.S National Halfpipe title.
- Gretchen joined the U.S. Snowboard Team straight out of high school in 1999.
- Gretchen placed second in a Grand Prix, won a FIS World Cup in Japan and then came in third at the prestigious U.S. Open at Stratton.
- Gretchen did not make it to the US Olympic team in 2002
- Blieler is 25 years old.
- Former coach Pete DelGuidice
- The Olympic oath. 'The important thing in the Olympic Games is not to win but to take part, just as the important thing in life is not the triumph but the struggle ...'
GRETCHEN'S ATHLETIC SKILLS
Women freestyler all-around rider
GRETCHEN versatile all 'round rider and freestyle athlete jump, rails pipe jockey.
Angulates real well
She can flip
Get good air and throw good spins
Has Great Style
demonstrates an extraordinary level of determination
Really focused and determined to do the best she can.
Never satisfied unless she is going at something 100 percent.
Very Gutsy - Got a a black eye while trying to perfect her Crippler, an inverted spinning trick, in an icy pipe before the final Olympic qualifier landed with her face smashing into the wall of the pipe.
3 time participant in the ESPN Winter X Games Aspen
- Qualifies for superpipe and slopestyle tricks, including backside and frontside 540s, 720s and the Crippler
GRETCHEN'S BUSINESS SKILLS
- Film and photo shoots
- Handles the pressure of industry sponsors to keep a high profile and maintaining "marketability".
- Landed Sponsors
- United States Snowboard Team
- Aspen Skiing Company
- USA Olympic Team
- Colorado's Gretchen Bleiler is making her Olympic debut at the 2006 Torino Games following an excellent 2005 season. Watch the Video
Supplemental Articles you can use for your webquest.
2007 Womens Snowboard World Cup Schedule 
Jan 8 Bad Gastein (AUT) / SBX - Women
Jan 9 Bad Gastein (AUT) / SBX - Women
Jan 25 Leysin (SUI) / SBX - Women
Jan 26 Leysin (SUI) / SBX - Women
Feb 17 Furano (JPN) / SBX - Women
Feb 11 Lake Placid, NY (USA) / SBX - Women
Feb 17 Stoneham (CAN) / SBX - Women
November 26, 2006 Snowboard World Cup in the Swiss glacier village Saas-Fee. Watch Gretchen Bleiler win the the US double. The 25-year-old from Ohio notched 41 points, 2.5 better than Soko Yamoka of Japan with Manuela Laura Pesko back in third.
Hydropower: From water to ice to snow, snowboarder Gretchen Bleiler has finally found her element
Susan McGowen ESPN's director of sports medicine. In the past she spent five days in Aspen, Colo., heading up a 20-member medical team providing assistance to 280 athletes from around the world participating in ESPN's Winter X Games.
TELL US THE WWW ADDRESS OF YOUR GRETCHEN WEBQUEST AND WE WILL PUT IT HERE FOR EVERYONE TO GO SEE!
PROFFESSIONAL DEVEVELOPEMENT FOR TEACHERS - WHAT IS A WEBQUEST?